1. Types of personal information collected
1.1 When registering an account on the mobile application or making an order through the Website, STYLU may collect the following personal information from you: (1) email address; (2) names; (3) physical address; (4) postal code; (5) phone numbers; (6) visa information; and (7) other information that you decide to share with us.
2. The Use of Collected Personal Information
2.1 The personal information collected through the Website and mobile application is used by STYLU only:
- To book appointments;
- provide you with the services requested by you;
- allow you to create a secure account on our network;
- to contact you if there is a problem with your appointments;
- to personalize the Website for you;
- send you statements, invoices and payment reminders;
- collect payments from you;
- send you information about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- provide you with our newsletter if you have opted-in to receive it;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you in relation to the Website;
- inform you about updates of the Website;
- send you administrative messages regarding your use of the Website;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our services;
- allow you to view your appointment history;
- store your credit card information on a secure page;
- allow you to view any current promotions;
- determine which features of our services require improvement;
- serve you the correct version of our mobile application;
- for troubleshooting purposes;
- for marketing purposes;
- diagnose problems with our computer server;
- administer the Website;
- to manage your account;
- to send you a welcoming email to verify your username and passwordto comply with lawful government requests and/or lawful requests by the policeinvestigating suspected illegal activities.
2.2 We collect and process your personal information only for the achievement of one or more of the aforementioned purposes.
2.3 If you do not provide STYLU with the requested personal information, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
2.4 Please note that we will send you service-related announcements only when it is necessary to do so. For example, we may send you a service-related announcement if our services are temporarily suspended. You cannot opt-out of service-related announcements. If you would like not to receive service-related announcements, you need to deactivate your account.
2.5 If necessary, we will communicate with you by email or telephone (depending on your preferences).
3. Marketing or Advertising Information
3.1 If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or marketing information from STYLU, you may opt out of receiving such information by contacting us.
4. Non-Personal Information
4.1 Please note that we may collect non-personal information, e.g., URL addresses of websites clicked to and from the Website, operating systems, IP addresses (a number which is assigned to your computer at the moment when you connect to the Internet), browser types, domain name, a date stamp for your visit, and/or a time stamp for your visit. We use the collected non-personal information to further develop the Website.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
5.1 We use information security tools (e.g., secured networks and encryption) in order to protect your personal information.
6. Third Party Access to Your Information
6.1 If you are a recipient of in-home beauty Services ordered through the Website, we may share your personal information with hairstylists selected by you. Such hairstylists will process your personal data only for the purpose of providing you with the requested Services.
6.2 With the exception of the cases mentioned in Section 6.1, the personal information collected by STYLU from you will not be shared with third parties, unless STYLU is required by law to do so.
7. Changes to Personal Information
7.1 You have the right to access, delete, or modify your personal information collected by STYLU. You can do so by contacting us at the following address: Stylu Inc., 644 Finch Avenue East, Toronto, ON M2K 2E6, Canada [email protected] We will respond to your request within two weeks.
8. Retention Period
8.1 We will keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the requested service. For example, if we collect your personal information to deliver the newsletter, your personal information will be kept until you unsubscribe from the newsletter services.
8.2 If your personal information is no longer necessary for the delivery of the requestedservices, we will keep it for a maximum of one year in identifiable form.
9.2 There are two types of cookies, namely, persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain valid until their expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that date. Session cookies will be stored on a web browser and will remain valid until the moment when the browser is closed.
9.5 STYLU uses Google Analytics to analyze your use of the Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about the Website by means of cookies. The information generated by Google Analytics in relation to the Website is used to create reports about the use of the Website. For information on the privacy aspects of Google Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en .
- Internet Explorer
10. Place of Data Processing
10.1 We may process your personal information in Canada and other countries, including the United States, where the data protection laws may be less strict than the data protection laws applicable in your own country.
11. Third Party Analytics
11.1 We use third party analytics, such as Google Analytics to generate statistics related to your use of the Website. The third party analytics may collect information about various information, including your IP address. If you would like to read more information on privacy aspects of Google Analytics, please visit the following webpage: https://support.google.com/ analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
12. Your Consent
13. Complaints About Breaches of Privacy
13.2 If an investigation is commenced, STYLU will inform you about the estimated completion date for the investigation process. When the investigation ends, we will provide you with our conclusions about the complaint and invite you to respond to them. After receiving your response, we will inform you if STYLU has changed its view.
13.3 If you are unsatisfied with our privacy complaint management procedure, we will advise you about further options with regard to the complaint.
14.1 Please note that the Website may contain links to third party websites. We hereby disclaim any liability in relation to the privacy practices of other websites.
15. Contact Details